Through our non-profit investment fund, Silicon Schools provides seed funding for innovative new schools that increase student achievement and drive efficiencies that make a quality education sustainable on public funding.
We approach our investments in grantees with a rigorous diligence process and invest in schools that are operationally and financially sustainable while demonstrating significant potential to serve as proof points for education innovation.
With our fund we seek to:
- Fund up to 25 new schools over the next five years
- Enable these new blended learning schools to serve as national proof points of technology-rich education and personalization
- Invest in a diverse portfolio of charter, district, and independent schools
- Target a mix of existing, successful school organizations as well as new entrepreneurial ventures
- Target a diverse mix of school demographics
- Support an R&D approach to innovation – encouraging thoughtful testing of hypotheses and rapid-prototyping of new school structures and systems